The Hack-Key is ideally suited as a development tool for microcontroller projects.
Its main advantage is its versatility and easy configuration. All switches and signals are labeled. No matter whether your target circuit uses 3.3 V or 5 V or whether you need a DTR-signal to automatically reset your Arduino or a RTS-signal for hardware handshaking - just flip a switch and the Hack-Key is setup.
- original FT232RL-chip from FTDI
- pinout compatible to many Arduino boards
- three led indicators
- sliding switches for easy configuration
- selectable voltage: 3.3 V and 5 V
- switch between DTR and RTS signals
- over-current protection by self-resetting fuse
- power supply for connected circuit
- compact dimensions (only 25 mm x 28 mm)
- mounting holes
- connector can be mounted upright or flat
- drivers available for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux
Build instructions, Schematics and more information is avilable here